United Insurance Company (UIC) is a super captive and the leading Cayman Islands-domiciled, alternative risk facility for Fronting, Risk Pooling and Reinsurance services. We maintain an A.M. Best Company rating of A- (Excellent) and serve captives and clients throughout Europe and the U.S.
UIC was recently named Best Reinsurance Company at the 2016 US Captive Service Award.
United Insurance Company provides captives and clients with flexible Property reinsurance support through traditional excess of loss and pro rata participations. Through the years, UIC has also been successful in providing captives and insureds with affordable program support in the buffer layer arena.
UIC has the ability and loss appetite to provide clients with protection at realistic terms & conditions in this challenging marketplace.
- UIC is rated A.M. Best A- (Excellent) rated (stable)
- Up to $3.5 million in property reinsurance capacity
- Broad occupancy appetite
- Global account capability
- Reinsurance solutions provided to captives as well as carriers
- Coverage to “All Risks” broad form, including Business Interruption, Boiler & Machinery, Builders Risk. Subject to market standard restrictions
- As a super-captive established in 1975, UIC takes a long-term view and possesses extensive understanding and appreciation for all captive related matters
- Ceding commissions / profit commissions available to captive
Expertise and Service:
Our team of underwriters is available to offer you an unparalleled level of expertise. We are eager to assist you with your unique property underwriting challenges. Our laser focus and market based understanding of your business is complemented by our commitment to give you first class service.
UIC Coverage Features – includes the ability to offer our clients single peril options:
Quota- share, excess and buffer layer participations for:
- All risks
- Named perils
- CAT & Non-CAT Perils
- Difference in Conditions
- Available single peril policies- (Named windstorm, Flood & Earthquake)
Our team can write a diverse mix of coverages for a variety of occupancies including but not limited to:
- Office buildings
- Vacant properties
- Municipalities, schools and other public entities
- Retail chains
- Shopping centers
- Manufacturing facilities
- Real estate schedules
- Housing authorities
- CAT-driven property exposures, including hurricane, flood and earthquake
- Difference in Conditions coverages for earthquake, flood or wind
- Capacity up to $3.5 million in limits
- Attachments excess of a minimum of a $500,000 deductible
- $50,000 minimum premium
- Multiple coverage options: All risk excluding flood and earthquake; All risk including flood and earthquake; Flood only; Earthquake only; Named windstorm only.
- Policy territory includes the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands as well as foreign exposures
We develop “first call” relationships with our producers and enjoy long-term producer loyalty through responsive and disciplined underwriting. Our underwriters average more than 25 years of diverse insurance experience, so we understand the market – regardless of market cycle.
Your submission should include- Risk specifications, including desired layering, target pricing and expiring carrier/program information. (Description of properties, including all COPE information, and the five-year loss history).
United Insurance Company is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
The rating recognizes UIC’s strong strategic relationship with its sponsoring shareholders and market presence as an alternative capacity vehicle.
United Insurance Company (www.uiccayman.com)
94 Solaris Avenue
2nd Floor, Camana Bay (P.O. Box 69)
Grand Cayman, KY1-1102, Cayman Islands
Helen Stephenson FCII
Chief Financial Officer & VP of Operations
United Insurance Company
t +1.345.914.8934 | m +1.345.526.8934