United Insurance Company provides captive clients with flexible casualty reinsurance support along with traditional excess of loss and pro rata lines. UIC also provides clients with retention buy-down and aggregate stop loss reinsurance protections.
Through the years, UIC has been successful in providing captives with competitively priced program support in the “buffer layer” area.
UIC provides capacity as reinsurance for the Captive, enabling excess commercial markets to attach at higher levels. UIC’s capacity can provide support to the Captive when a higher attachment point has been imposed by the markets, or it can allow the Captive to increase its retention in return for premium reductions. Capacity can also be provided on an aggregate excess-of-loss basis to protect the Captive from an unexpected frequency of losses within its retention. UIC offers capacity of up to $1.5 million, and its attachment point for excess casualty business is typically $500,000, and not less than $250,000.
Coverage is available either on a stand-alone basis or in conjunction with coverage provided by UIC’s subsidiary company, Nexus Reinsurance Company – a primary casualty risk pooling facilitator.
- UIC is A.M. Best A- (Excellent) rated (stable)
- Up to $1.5 million in casualty reinsurance capacity
- Reinsurance solutions provided to captives under Aon management worldwide
- As a super-captive established in 1975, UIC takes a long-term view and possesses extensive understanding and appreciation for all captive related matters
- Ceding commissions available to captive
At least 5-year loss history and exposures (i.e., payroll, vehicle numbers, turnover, details of underlying policy coverage and limits, self-insured and captive retentions)